APOSTLE AGYEKUM'S STATEMENTS
IMPLICATIONS OR DANGEROUS EFFECTS OF ILLEGAL MINING; KNOWN IN GHANA AS GALAMSAY: BY APOSTLE PAUL KOFI AGYEKUM
DATE :Friday 21st of APRIL 2017.
Ghanaians must fight illegal mining now or never; if we fail to put an end to it or stop illegal mining, the damage on us as a Nation may not be repaired until the end of the world. I am therefore joining millions of faithful Ghanaians everywhere, who truly believe that we should stop the illegal mining or Galamsay and find another means to create jobs for Ghanaians involved in Galamsay.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF GALAMSAY.
1.Agriculture, especially cocoa will be seriously affected. The growing of cocoa and production for foreign exchange will be in danger because cocoa land owners are giving their land up to illegal miners for quick money from Galamsay instead of long term investment in the cocoa industry.
2. Water bodies are being seriously destroyed by the Chemicals, which may cause a lot of water borne diseases on life. Besides farmers of food crops will suffer because of the contaminated water which will affect crop production.
3. Ghana will be in a serious water shortage, which may lead us to import water from other countries. Apart from the money involved in importing water, it may also cause serious health problems because you may not know how those water imported was prepared or treated.
4. The chemicals which are used for Galamsay may also damage the sand for making blocks for building and cause weaknesses to building projects. There are more serious side effects of the mining chemicals
5 .People who are involved in doing Galamsay, especially the women may
also be affected by infections because of lack of health and safety measures.
6. Government may spend huge amount of tax payers money to save Galamsay workers, when they are trapped or in trouble, meanwhile the government is not receiving any taxes from Galamsay.
7 Ghana may lose the potential men and women who may be a blessing to the nation, as a result of them dying through Galamsay business because of today's frustrations in life.
8. Future National projects and infrastructure will be difficult because of the damage on landscaping in Ghana. So much money may be required in order to repair the serious damage of our lands.
9. Failure to deal with illegal mining or Galamsay now, may send a serious signal to others to become lawless citizens and there will not be law and order in the country. We cannot build a country without laws, regulations and order.
In my conclusion, I, APOSTLE Paul Kofi Agyekum, Founder and presiding Apostle of victory outreach church appeal to the Government led by Nana Addo Dankwah, Political parties who are involved and all Ghanaians everywhere, that for the sake of love for God and country please let us join hands in fighting all forms of illegal mining and Galamsay in Ghana now. Also Chinese people who are involved illegally must be arrested and punished.
From Apostle Paul Kofi Agyekum, the founder and presiding Apostle of victory outreach churches.
A POLITICAL STATEMENT FROM APOSTLE PAUL KOFI AGYEKUM
DATE 25TH OF APRIL
I Believe that, in terms of the use of land in Ghana, everyone, as a Ghanaian, is guilty. The reason is that we don't plan very well what to do with our lands, and it seems we do not respect Land and forest reserves.
My humble appeal is that we must change our minds and attitudes towards our way of building houses and other infrastructure, especially our market system. All hope is not lost if only all Ghanaians will start learning how to love the Nation and start investing in the nation. Thank you.
Guidelines For Effective Public Speaking.
Written by Apostle Paul Kofi Agyekum
Date of preparation : Wednesday 22 of November 2017
1. Try as much as possible to have a script for every message or statements you may wish to say and go over it to see if it sounds correct
2. Read over at least twice to see if what you have written is relevant for the occasion you wish to contribute.
3. Find two or three people you trust and are interested in the topic to read through; discuss your message and why you wish to say what you have written and wait for his or her comments
4. Know what is being discussed on any network you may wish to contribute and understand the issue on board before you start to talk.
5. Consider carefully your choice of words during your submission on the show which you are invited to comment
6. Learn to identify and avoid any sensitive question(s) which may not be helpful to you and your contribution on the issues.
7. Avoid allowing your emotions to push you to say certain things which may turn to destroy the discussion and give different perception about you because of how you said it.
8 . If you happen to be the host of a program please never allow your first caller to focus on a person's comments rather than the real issues. That may change the purpose of the show and quench people's appetite for your show. Don't try to please everyone
9. For the sake of your integrity and respect, I suggest that you should not return on any show for the second time, just for self defence of what someone else has said about you or attack your comments.
10. In order to create lovely atmosphere, it is important and necessary for us to avoid being judgemental and casting insinuations in dealing with public issues, no matter how bitter and angry you may feel toward the situation.
11. Never seek to condemn something without showing or educating the public with a perfect alternative.
12 Consider carefully the kind of words you use in public speech. It should not be too harsh, loud or hard to understand by those who are listening to you.
13. Avoid repetition of words and concentrate on the real issues, be very simple and straight forward instead of making your statements in question forms.
14. Be humble enough to find a means to know or check any feedback of your speech ( knowing the impact of what you say , especially in public is a wise thing to do as a person )
15. The last and the most important guideline is to record what you speak or record yourself during your speech, if possible and listen to yourself over and over to see if you will be happy with your own speech. That will help you to know how you appear to many of the listeners.
Proper, mature and effective way of communicating with each other among most Ghanaians is lacking. This is one major source of confusion and conflict situations among most Ghanaians. I therefore advice the Electronic media to rise up to the challenge and help us to shape the society.
[9:21 AM, 11/24/2017] Apostle Paul K Agyekum: Government of Ghana, should not reduce his respect as a government, by following people's hear saying on radio based on some kind of hatred that some people might have against Christian in Ghana, to implement their baseless suggestions of taxing churches and , that churches in Ghana should be taxed. please NPP government must be careful of what they implement.
Please, Nana Addo Dankwah and NPP Government, don't reduce your respect as a government by following of setting childish ideas of some citizens who speak anyhow without doing any proper research on issues before coming out to speak. if Ghana is in need of money, there are more good ways, than to focus on this baseless idea to tax churches and not all Religions Groups in Ghana.
From Apostle Paul KOFI AGYEKUM founder and presiding Apostle of Victory Missions London and Victory Outreach Church Ghana